Location: Bravo Distribution Center
The DC Transport and Distribution Manager is responsible for managing the outbound deliveries to stores within the service region and ensuring that on time deliveries are made to the stores and are within budget. The DC Transport and Distribution Manager will manage yard operations, coordinate back haul program and provide leadership to transportation team.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Ensure timely deliveries to stores while ensuring cube utilization; manage inbound deliveries to ensure on time, on cycle and lead time; manage inbound deliveries to ensure product is available for delivery to stores; manage outbound to minimize expedites; communicate daily with carriers to ensure on time compliance.
- Manage cost of transportation; manage cost per truckload, cube per truckload, and cost per mile; support overall financial goals; fully utilize transportation assets to reduce freight costs whenever possible; audit invoices of carriers on regular basis; review general ledger for all charges dealing with transportation.
- Drive Customer Service; develop customer service team; manage customer service associates and store concerns.
- Financial and Operations Metrics development and reporting.
- Maintain accurate operation of the yard integrity, dock, security, yard switchers and pallet recycling.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business management, engineering, or related field.
- At least 5 years experience as a transportation manager in a similar industry.
- Solid knowledge of the transportation industry and logistics.
- Experience working with transport management systems
- Problem Solving: Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems in the DC; follows-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately resolvable; ties all loose ends.
- Customer Driven: Creates a customer-focused environment in which excellent service is provided to all customers; sees business through the eyes of the Customer.
- Gets Things Done: Motivates self and others to accomplish important objectives despite a complex environment and multiple demands; creates a sense of urgency; delegates appropriately.
- Communicates Effectively: Communicates clearly and concisely with all audiences; keeps others informed and listens carefully to input and feedback; adapts messages to fit audience.
- Plans Strategically: Demonstrates the ability to determine goals, direction and action steps necessary to maximize short-term and long-term.
- Building Relationships: Establishes trust and credibility with people over time; establishes rapport with people; has smooth working relationships with people inside and outside of the organization.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains a positive attitude; maintains a high volume, high quality workload under demanding conditions (e.g., short time frame).
- Safety Orientation: Enforces safety policies and procedures; is a safety role model; holds Associates to a high safety standard.
Interested candidates may apply for the role by sending resume to email address, mentioning “Transport and Distribution Manager” in theme tab.
Pease note that only selected candidates will be contacted regarding next steps of recruitment process.