Work Schedule: 5 days a week based on 8 hours per day
Closing date: ongoing.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan, manage, and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Assist Supply Chain Manager with minimizing total supply chain cost, maximizing supply chain effectiveness
- Ensure that all materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price and are timely delivered.
- Work with freight forwards and transportation companies to set best route and rate (review and approve all freight terms and agreements).
- Maintain regular contacts with suppliers and update supplier information for regularly purchased items, and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Generate all the required procurement documentation (request for quotation, committee results, purchase order, payment request and contracts).
- Responsible for all payments are supported with appropriate back-up documents;
- Ensure both parties meet obligations under the terms of agreement, including performance standards and continuous improvement goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues (quality, technical, operations, finance, etc.) to ensure all category sourcing activities are aligned to a common set of goals and priorities
- Handle logistics issues, prepare Procurement Requests, Payment Orders, prepare contracts for suppliers, lease agreements etc.;
- Ensure that all supply chain standards and policies are understood and complied with by everybody throughout office operations.
- Maintain supplier database and procurement tracker.
- Find opportunities for supplier performance improvement and to establish continuous improvement goals
- Taking appropriate steps to minimize the risk of fraud or theft, collaborate with departments/management in order to ensure adequate risk management system for supply chain related risks is in place and all relevant risks are mitigated.
- Drive negotiations for global agreements aligned with category strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical field. Master’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years procurement/sourcing experience in mid to large multinational companies, with strong category/business engagement experience
- Business acumen – know how to assess market/business requirements dynamics and negotiate agreements that yield meaningful business value
- Experience working in highly regulated industries
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant year over year results
- Demonstrated consultative/collaborative style in performing sourcing activities
- CPSM or equivalent is preferred
- Hands-on manufacturing and/or supply chain experience is preferred
We offer favorable remuneration that will be negotiated with the relevant incumbent. Please e-mail CV with job title “Supply Chain Officer”.