Your day to day:
As a Food and Beverage Manager, you’ll manage food and beverage operations to ensure quality service and standards are maintained to deliver a memorable guest experience. Always following government regulations concerning health, safety or other requirements.
- Make sure all food and beverage equipment is in operational condition and regularly cleaned
- Make sure all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention spaces are clean and properly stocked to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair is needed
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Help guests with their requests and complaints – making sure you maintain a high level of guest satisfaction
- Help prepare the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage and labour costs
- Identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue
- Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for guests at a good value
- Make sure credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner
- Manage everyday activity, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance to the standards we expect
- Recommend or initiate any HR related actions where needed
- Manage hotel food and beverage marketing programs and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programs and promotions
- Keep an eye on competitor activity / industry innovation. Review and approve menu design and concepts with Executive Chef
- Make sure food and drinks are secure and stored safely – always keep stock replenished to minimize waste
- Handle food and beverage inventory procedures. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done. May also serve as a Manager on Duty.
What we need from you:
- Two years of related experience, including supervisory experience in a full-service restaurant or similar setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hospitality Management Degree or some college preferred
- Communication skills
- Reading and writing abilities
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, cash handling, and inventory management
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must Advanced Russian is desired
- Proficient knowledge of Opera PMS and OTA channels is to be considered as an advantage.
What we offer:
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
To apply for the position of Food and Beverage Manager at InterContinental Baku Hotel send your CV mentioning “Food and Beverage Manager” in Subject of e-mail.